MASTERFUL BRICK WORK. CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE. A NETWORK OF LANES. UNIQUE AMONG THE UBIQUITY OF GLASS TOWERS.
Open House on Jan28th(Saturday) and Jan29th(Sunday)
From 12-5pm 548 King St. west Suit 204 Call Zia Abbas 416-666-4545
This is the aesthetic of Context King West. A real building for real people. Shared spaces and organic architecture that encourage connection, community and design for everyone. Brought to you by Context, Toronto’s most award-winning developer whose projects command some of the highest rents and resales in the Toronto market. Context King West combines two types of design. Warm and welcoming grounded brick archways. Contemporary, light-filled geometric shapes. A distinct environment whose unity is based on the connective roots of community. No memberships. No lineups. No restricted access. Creating a new village in the urban environment.
Context King West is a new alternative for condominium living. It’s a reaction to the provocation and demands of the area. Context King West is the answer, reconnecting the area with honesty and authenticity.
“The most cleverly organized, best designed and most sympathetic...”
Context, founded in 1997 by Stephen Gross and Howard Cohen, creates innovative residential condominium buildings in Toronto’s downtown that appeal to those seeking the smart urban lifestyle. As Globe and Mail urban columnist John Barber wrote in his review of RadioCity, Context projects are “The most cleverly organized, best designed and most sympathetic,” and they “are not only the best of their type, they are the type.” We became “the type”, as Barber says, with our first project, 20 Niagara, near Front and Bathurst Streets, which demonstrated that there was a market in Toronto for modernist condominiums that fit seamlessly into Toronto’s most desirable neighbourhoods. 20 Niagara, completed in 1998, won the Ontario Association of Architects’ Award for Architectural Excellence, and the City of Toronto Architecture and Urban Design Award. Ever since, our projects have consistently won awards and critical praise for their striking, contemporary design and sensitivity to their urban context.
PARAMETERS THAT DISTINGUISH US FROM THE COMPETITION:
We build our own buildings. Thanks to our extensive constructionmanagement experience, we have complete control of all facets of construction from beginning to end.
We are style trendsetters. Context pioneered open kitchens at a time when doing away with the formal dining room and allowing people to see the kitchen from the living room was considered radical. We were one of the first developers to introduce stainless-steel appliances and granite countertops as standard finishes. Now, at Context King West, Context continues to innovate inside the suites. Kitchens are designed to look like a seamless wall unit, complete with integrated appliances and premium finishes. Bathrooms include tiled feature walls, custom-designed vanities with space-saving drawers and solid surface countertops with integrated sinks. Context projects continually push the limits of standard features and finishes, and Context King West is no exception.
We have strong financial covenants and great financial backing. Context is supported by Waterloo Capital Corporation, a private company managed by Stephen Gross and Gerry Schwartz, President and controlling shareholder of Onex Corp., a merchant banking firm running corporations with annual sales exceeding $8-billion and assets of over $5-billion. Waterloo Capital has nearly $100-million invested in Context projects. Waterloo Capital and Context have strong links with Bank of Nova Scotia, HSBC, BNP Paribas and First National.
- Custom designed kitchen cabinetry in a variety of colours and finishes with integrated appliances and matching panels for fridge/ freezer and dishwasher.
- Stone countertops and custom coloured backpainted glass backsplashes.
- Designer selected under mount single bowl stainless steel sink and high-arc single lever faucet with pull out.
- Designer selected under mount single bowl stainless steel sink and higharc single lever faucet with pull out.
TECHNOLOGY AND ELECTRICAL
- High speed internet wiring/access.
- Pre wired telephone and cable television outlets.
- Designer selected electrical fixtures as per plan (adjustable light fixture above bathroom vanity available as an upgrade).
- Pot lights in foyers, kitchens, and bathrooms where dropped ceilings occur as per plan and vapour barrier recessed pot light in tub and shower areas.
- Under cabinet lighting in kitchens.
- Custom designed vanities with space saving drawers and solid surface tops with integrated sinks.
- Designer selected single lever faucet, shower head, valve, tub filler, and two piece modern toilet.
- Tiled floor to ceiling feature wall in master en-suite or in the bathroom of single bathroom units with tiled tub surrounds and tiled shower walls (as per plans).
- Custom framed mirrors throughout.
- 9’ ceiling heights except where bulkheads occur.
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning. via state of the art system.
- 4” square edge baseboards with paint grade finish and slab doors with modern hardware.
- Front loading washer and dryer.
- Smooth plaster ceilings.
Porcelain tile flooring on acoustic underlay in foyers (where applicable), kitchens, and bathrooms with choice of porcelain or engineered hardwood in living/dining areas and bedrooms.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Walnut veneer suite entry door with modern hardware and security viewer
- Smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors provided in all suites.